Theme: Nsukka Local Contents Development/Promotion:
The discussion series aims at creating a template for the development/promotion of Nsukka local resources – skills, crafts, goods and services obtainable within our environment. Info Outreach Centre (IOC) trough this programme wants to add value to Nsukka local resources and improve the local economy. To achieve this, we planned a 5 month meeting, July to November 2020 (10 meetings, 2 per month), where eggheads will brainstorm and find ways to achieve the above stated objective.
1. Identify products, services, talents, skills etc obtainable in our locality, especially areas we are culturally endowed as well as the untapped, hidden or dormant opportunities.
2. Identify the level at which each of them are in use, develop literature on each of them in a way that could aid further research and development.
4. Explore ways of improving their values and awareness on them for greater local consumption and export.
5. Develop viable businesses plan which IOC and/or any other interested party can implement, to engage the jobless youths meaningfully in sustainable livelihood. Also, explore ways to assist people who are already in business (petty business people) grow their businesses and manage their resources very well – business resources and wealth.
6. Explore ways to bring in experts – technical and financial partners to help achieve the objective.